Monday 12 January 2015

Sick Day tips

Due to having blood tests this morning I got the day off school (ka ching) but its surprising how bored you can become. I've started to binge watch Secret Eaters and I feel like I've got bruises on my bum. Here are some ideas and tips for surviving boring days.

Foods 


Homemade chicken noodle soup (or a mugshot if you're feeling lazy)
Ben and Jerrys cookie dough ice cream, straight out of the tub because portion sizes suck
Werthers originals. I've just discovered that my little sister has stashed away tons of these sweet from Christmas and I have been sneakily pinching them...
Hot squash or hot orange juice. If you get easily cold like myself then you have to try this. It's like a nurse in a mug

Or if you want a more healthy, nutritious option try stewed apples with raisins:

1. Peel two apples, chop into slices and add to a saucepan
2.Add a few sprinkles of sugar or ,for a healthier alternative, agave syrup or stevia and  a tbsp of water over the top
3. On a medium heat, leave the apples to stew for around 4-5 minutes and add a handful of raisins and cinnamon if you wish to
4. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the apples are light and fluffy looking.

Films

When I'm ill I enjoy watching a nostalgic disney or an up beat film to make me feel a little more alive some of my favourites are
Annie (the old, older or new version, it doesnt really matter!)
Walking on sunshine
Toy Story 1,2 or 3
High School Musical marathon
Frozen sing along (to be honest it's impossible to watch frozen without singing)

Other activities

Have a full blown pamper session including face mask, bath, pedicure, manicure and using up lots of little bottles of body wash that you got from a birthday disco 2 years ago
Create a scrap book or start ANOTHER journal about the miseries of being ill
If your family don't mind catching your illness (if its infectious) then bake some cookies or cupcakes or cook dinner for them for when they get home
Go on youtube and pretend you're a professional west-end star and belt out your favourite Les Mis song (this may only appeal to people who can recite every actor and extra in the film and stage production!)

If today's the day when you're ill then I hope you get better soon and you're bright and cheery tomorrow!


1 comment: